On June 26, 2020 Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency updated their reinstatement loan period from 24 months to 36 months as a result of high unemployment.
Postponement of July, August and September Mortgage Foreclosure Sales in Philadelphia County.
On June 18, 2020 under Pa.R.J.A. No 1952 (B)(2), and the Judicial Emergency declared by the First Judicial District, Philadelphia County Sheriff’s Mortgage Foreclosure Sales are postponed and rescheduled as follows:
- Foreclosure Sale scheduled for Tuesday, July 7, 2020; postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
- Foreclosure Sale scheduled for Tuesday, August 4, 2020; postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
- Foreclosure Sale scheduled for Tuesday, September 1, 2020; postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, VA & USDA have a foreclosure and eviction moratorium in place until June 30, 2020. Executive Order issued 5/7/2020 prohibiting evictions prior to 7/10/2020, issuance of Writs of Possession prior to 6/1/2020 and new notices prior to 7/10/2020.
Statewide Judicial Emergency expired June 1, 2020.
- No further moratoriums on eviction proceedings currently.
- District Justice Courts scheduled to re-open 6/1/2020.
- Sheriff’s Offices will re-open following the same schedules as the Courts.
- All Courts of Common Pleas will re-open by 5/25/2020.